Saturday, February 8, 2014

Covers



covers by Kimbra


Some covers by Kimbra (2008-2013):




Hurry up and go watch the videos of the full performances! (You will find the links in the "About" section of that YouTube video.)


To hear one more cover:

To hear about some more covers:

Unheard of:

Not to be heard anymore:
- Crowded House's "Fall At Your Feet"


PS:   I just heard about it...:


   - What song reduces you to tears? 
   - A few. There's a song by Sam Cooke, the gospel singer, called "Come, Let Us Go Back to God". It just sounds like this lonely man in the wilderness and it's just so emotional it gets me every time.
   ("Twelve Questions with Kimbra", New Zealand Herald, Mar 1, 2012)

Kimbra performed a cover of this song at an intimate showcase in London's trendy Portobello Road in February 2012 (review).

5 comments:

  1. Is there any way that you can PLEASE upload the fall at your feet cover by Kimbra PLEASE!?!? here’s my email omar-munoz123@hotmail.com just in case you can’t post it and if you could send it to me. Thank you! I watched it a few times years ago on YouTube and thought it was amazing! Hope you see this comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you got to watch it!
      I read about that cover but that's all, I've never seen the video.
      All I have is this useless link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-EEguSf6XE

      Delete
    2. It was truly amazing, I think she was wearing a grey jacket when she was singing it and she appeared to be high, bunch of other people in the comments thought so as well, it was almost mesmerizing. I was watching videos of her yesterday and remembered that she did a cover of that song only to find out it was taken down. Bummer. Is this your page?

      Delete
    3. Yes, this is my blog, but I haven't posted in a while. I don't have time.
      I try to keep updated some of the blog's pages , though (for example, the "Featuring Kimbra" section).

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete